Woodpecker – A Multi-skill Course in English, Class-4
Dolly Dhawan, Gowri Ishwaran, Pallavi Sharma
Avichal Publishing Company
|School Board/University Filter
|School Class Filter
|School Subjects Filter
About the book
Woodpecker: A Multi-Skill English Coursebook, is a series of English Language teaching course for classes 1-8, The series is based on the National Education Policy, 2020, and the guidelines of the National Curriculum Framework, 2023.
Salient features of the series:
- Chapters are clubbed under themes to make learning holistic.
- Get ready is a warm-up task to take the learners from the known to the unknown.
- Read on is the reading section.
- Comprehension covers objective, factual, inferential and analytical questions.
- Word Bank enhances and broadens the cache of vocabulary through contextual use.
- Say it Right is the phonics section.
- Grammar Focuses on grade-appropriate grammar concepts with relevant examples cited from the chapter itself to make the learning contextual.
- Listen and Do are listening tasks to hone the listening skills through a variety of activities.
- Speaking tasks are based around the learners’ immediate surrounding to promote practical use of the language as effective communicators.
- Writing activities encompass various forms to hone creative and critical written expression.
- Theme wrap up covers art integration, cross-curricular linkages and the 21st century skills and life competencies within the context of the themes.
About the author