About the book
The World Around Us is an Environmental Studies series for Classes 1 and 2.
Environmental Studies is a multidisciplinary subject that systematically teaches about the human interaction with the enviroment. The prime objective of the series is to make children aware and sensitive them towards their enviroment. This series lays emphasis on understanding the concepts and practical application of these concepts by the students in their day-to-day activities. It also focuses on developing empathy towards special people aound us.
Salient features of the series are:
- The 21st Century Skills comprise of Learning Skills, Literacy Skills and Life Skills which are duly incorporated in the series. SDGs and Art Integration have also been added in it.
- Beyond the text in chapters make students aware about the various facts beyond the text of the book.
- Let us share in between the text helps children to self-asses themselves.
- Answer Time at the end of each chapter includes a variety of objective and subjective type questions. This helps the teachers to asses understanding, remembering and application level of the students.
- Picture-based question of the Answer Time section build-up visual interpretation skills in the students .
- Think and Answer contains questions that develop a sense of responsibility towards oneself, peer group and the enviroment.
- Brain Teaser includes application-based questions that motivate students to think critically beyond the realms of the syllabus.
- Life Skills encourage the students to develop a feeling of belongingness towards the world around them. It includes tasks that focus on problem-solving, decision-making, communication and collaborative skills of the students.
- Fun Time includes tasks that assess recalling abliities of the students in a joyous way.
- A 360 Degree Holistic Progress Card based on the guidelines of the New Education Policy has been added in this series. It assesses the extent of knowledge and skills picked up by the students during the course of learning.
About the author