About the book
According to New Education Policy, Sciences is dealt as one common subject up to secondary classes and then as separate disciplines like physics, Chemistry and biology at the Senior Secondary classes. Central Board of Secondary Education in consultation with National Council of Education Research and Training has prepared a new curriculum for theory and practical examinations. This new curriculum well-correlates the theory portion with suitable practicals.
The present Laboratory Manual is an attempt on Biology practicals meant for class XI of Central Board of Secondary Education. All the practicals in this manual are written strictly in accordance with the latest syllabus prescribed by the board. All efforts are made to provide sufficient guidelines, diagrams and procedures actually needed by students and teachers in their practical classes. Viva voce questions are incorporated after each practical for better understanding.
Following are some important features of this ‘Laboratory Manual’.
- Practical are written according to the actual need in the practical classes.
- The Information related to practicals is arranged in systematic, logical and simple manner.
- Experiments are supplemented with self-explanatory illustrations.
- Viva-voce questions are framed at the end of each experiment. These questions are also helpful in providing theory behind various experiments.
- Attempts have been made to incorporate all the suggestions and other needs of students to equip them better in the current edition of this Laboratory Manual.
About the author