ICSE Enrich Your Chemistry, Class-VIII
Sarita Aggarwal, Shruti Agarwal
Avichal Publishing Company
|School Board/University Filter
|School Class Filter
|School Subjects Filter
Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
About the book
The Science books for Middle School have been conceptualized keeping in mind the learning abilities of the children while fulfilling the requirement of the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) Board.
While writing these books, we have visualized ourselves as the students in a class and have written the content for easy understanding and better recapitulation. We hope that after reading this book, students will have the clarity of concepts and develop a keen interest in the subject. Students will be able to relate to the classroom learning with the environment and the phenomenon in nature.
With our years of experience in teaching and book writing, we have written this book to lay a solid foundation for scientific learning for a child. We believe that after reading this book, the child will feel confident about the subject matter.
Some unique features of this book are:
- Content has been written in a simple and easy-to-understand language. New terms have also been highlighted and explained.
- At the beginning of each chapter, sub-topics have been given to provide an overview of the concepts covered.
- Colorful pictures, hand-made illustrations, well-labelled diagrams and flow charts have been incorporated for clear understanding.
- Highlighted boxes contain important information and interesting facts related to the topic.
- Mind maps given at the end of each chapter help to organize and summarize the information of the chapter for better recapitulation.
- For thorough learning and self-evaluation, different types of questions, like multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, true or false, match the following, name the following, diagram-based question, short answer questions, HOTS questions, assertion-reason questions, aptitude-based questions and case-based questions have been given at the end of the chapters.
- A number of research-based activities/projects have been given in each chapter for understanding of the concepts.
About the author