About the book
It gives us a great pleasure to come out with the thoroughly revised 8th Edition of ISC Commerce for class XII as per the latest syllabus prescribed by Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. All the chapters have been thoroughly revised and in the last chapter entitled Consumer Protection, the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 have been duly incorporated. Besides updating the text material of various chapters, the examination question’s asked at the ISC have also been incorporated at the end of all chapters.
In view of the prescribed syllabus, the text of the book has been organised under six chapters to enable the students to have a logical grasp of the basic elements and principles of management and their application in the Financing and Marketing areas of business.
The present edition is intended to serve the following aims:
- To acquaint the students with the basic concepts and elements of management.
- To provide knowledge about the principles of management.
- To help the students in making transition from school to higher education on to the world of work including self-employment.
The salient features of the present edition are as follows:
- Adequate emphasis has been given to conceptual clarity, working of business processes and application of basic concepts to satisfy the three learning objectives, i.e., Knowledge, Understanding and
- The whole subject-matter has been presented in a simple language and student friendly style for the benefit of beginners to the management discipline.
- Suitable diagrams, tables and boxes have been given at appropriate places to make the subject self-explanatory.
- Summary has been given at the end of each chapter for the quick recapitulation of the topics covered.
- To facilitate self-examination by the students, Short-answer and Long answer questions have been given in a logical sequence at the end of each chapter.
- Objective type questions which includes multiple choice questions (MCQs), choose the odd one out, tick the correct sentence, assertion-reason questions and Case Based questions in MCQs format have been added.
- Question Bank containing answers to typical questions has been given at the end of each chapter.
About the author