About the book
It gives us great pleasure to being out the sixth edition of ISC Commerce for XI standard of ISC. To meet the requirement of the revised syllabus, a number of new topics have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book and obsolete material has been deleted. The new topics include hyper market, documents used in home trade and Role of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Trade Associations.
The text material of the book has been divided into eleven chapters to enable the students to have a logical grasp of various topics prescribed in the latest syllabus. The book is intended to serve the following aims:
- To familiarize the students with the basic concepts of business, commerce trade and industry.
- To help the students in analyzing the comparative merits and demerits of different forms of organization.
- To educate the students about the popularity of joint stock companies and the procedure involved in promotion and incorporation of a company.
- To acquaint the students with the working knowledge of stock exchange, internal trade and external trade.
- To enable the students appreciate the role of banking and insurance in the smooth conduct of business.
The salient features of the book include the following:
- The edition covers fully the latest syllabus of Commerce for class XI prescribed by the Council for ISCE.
- The subject-matter has been presented in a simple language and lucid style for the benefit of beginners in the discipline of Commerce.
- Adequate emphasis has been given on conceptual clarity, working of business processes and application of basic concepts to satisfy the three learning objectives, i.e., knowledge, Understanding and Application.
- Appropriated diagrams, tables and boxes have been given to make the subject self-explanatory.
- Summary has been given at the end of each chapter for the quick revision of the topics covered.
- To facilitate self-examination by the students, short-answer type and essay-type questions have been asked in a logical sequence at the end of each chapter.
- To test the analytical skills of the students, application-oriented questions have been asked at the end of each chapter.
- Question Bank which includes suggested answers to short-answer type questions has been given at the end of each chapter.
About the author