About the book
This book titled Computer Applications has been written for class X strictly according to the latest syllabus prescribed by CBSE. However, it can be used by anyone interested in learning about the internet, web designing (HTML) and programming techniques of Python and Scratch. The book starts with giving a basic know how of internet and the commonly used web terminology. It them familiarizes the readers with the various services available on the internet and how to use them optimally and securely. An elementary knowledge of various generations of mobile technologies is also imparted. Since internet has become the need of the day, so it is very essential for its users to follow an ethical behavior while using it. Keeping this in mind, a complete chapter has been dedicated to various netiquettes. The focus of the book is also given extensively on developing the skills to design web pages and websites using HTML. The later part of the book deals with Scratch and Python programming for which a colorful, easy and interesting approach has been used.
Salient features of the book are:
- This book is based on windows 10 platform.
- The elements and tags for web page and website designing have been explained by using HTML4.
- Scratch 3.0 and Python 3.3 have been used to demonstrate their programming skills.
- Screenshots of successful executed programming codes and their outputs have been used in the book for error-free learning.
- Effort has been made to include examples for each programming concept to show its practical implementation.
- Each chapter is followed by a set of solved questions and exercises comprising of objective type, short answer and long answer type questions.
- Questions from previous years CBSE question papers have also been included with solutions at the end of the relevant chapters.
- A separate chapter has been prepared exclusively to provide practical material for lab exercises mentioned in the syllabus.
- Latest CBSE Sample Question Paper with solutions has been included in the book for the reference of the students followed by two Practice Papers with solutions as per the pattern of the Sample Paper.
About the author