About the book
The series, A Step Ahead ICSE Mathematics, has been developed especially for Primary classes of ICSE schools in order to help students achieve the learning outcomes of the curriculum, in the best possible manner.
A Step Ahead ICSE Mathematics builds a strong foundation in pupils through the use of sound pedagogical principles. Adopting the Concerte-Pictorial-Abstract approach, pupils are introduced to new concepts through concrete manipulatives and engaging pictorials before they are lead to see their abstract symbolic representations. This allows pupils to have a deeper understanding of key mathematical concepts, thus motivating them to learn.
Content is clearly structured across the levels to ensure a gradual build-up and review of skills as pupils progress up the levels. At the same time, emphasis is given on developing pupil’s creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The key features of the book are:
- Graduated content ensuing logical progression of learning.
- Clear presentation of key mathematical concepts with solved examples
- Plenty of practice exercises.
- Hands-on math activities to promote peer interaction and collaborative learning
- Ample skill-based questions to develop various skills for applying mathematics in daily life
- Real-life application of mathematical concepts
Special Features of the Series:
- Teacher’s Manual- Contains lesson plans and wrap-around teacher’s notes, with additional information and tips on conducting and delivering effective Mathematics lessons.
About the author