About the book
Environmental Studies is a multidisciplinary subject that systematically teaches about the human interaction with the envionment. The prime objective of the series is to make children aware and sensitise them towards their environment. This series lays emphasis on understanding the concepts and practical application of these concepts by the students in their day-to-day acrtivities. It also focuses on developing empathy towards special people around us.
Salient features of the series are:
- The 21st Century Skills comprise of Learning Skills, Literacy Skills and Life Skills which are duly incorporated in the series. SDGs and Art Integration have also been added in it.
- Beyond the text in chapters make students aware about the various facts beyond the text of the book.
- Let us share in between the text helps children to self-assess themselves.
- Answer Time at the end of each chapter includes a variety of objective and subjective type questions. This helps the teachers to assess understanding, remembering and application level of the students.
- Picture-based questions of the Answer Time section build-up visual interretation skills in the students.
- Think and Answer contains questions that develop a sense of responsibility towards oneself, peer group and the environment.
- Brain Teaser includes application-based question that motivate students to think critically beyond the realms of the syllabus.
- Life Skills encourage the students to develop a feeling of belongingness towards the world around them. It includes tasks that focus on problem-solving, decision-making communication and collaborative skills of the students.
- Fun Time includes tasks that assess recalling abilities of the students in a joyous way.
- A 360 Degree Holistic Progress Card based on the guidelines of the New Education Policy has been added in this series. It assess the extent of knowledge and skills picked up by the students during the course of learning.
About the author