About the book
This Series ‘The New Book of Social Science’ for classes 6,7 and 8 has been revised to achieve the goals of NEW EDUCATION POLICY 2020 by developing the content on the five basic principles of NEP-Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability. The series follows the redesigned syllabus of NCERT.
The main objectives of the series are to:
- Make the learning process more holistic, joyful, and stress-free which can continue lifelong.
- Develop critical thinking, discovery, inquiry, discussion and analytical-based holistic learning.
- Enhance the understanding of the core concepts to inculcate the habit of a multidisciplinary learning approach, based on practical learning.
The Salient features of the book are:
- Attractive and creative picture-based opening for each chapter to introduce the topic.
- A good number of photos and designs to generate interest and break the monotony. Along with numerous maps of large size to develop the locational associations for the socio-political and historical events.
- Keywords or new terms along with the Word Origin in each chapter to develop the vocabulary and quick revision.
- The summary in each chapter to rewind the topic studied.
- Multiple In-text questions do check the attention of the students and help them in recalling previously studied concepts.
- Information enrichment through Info Byte and Do You Know boxes to extend their knowledge beyond the curriculum.
- In-text practical activities and the exercise for hands-on experience added in all chapters.
- Large variety of questions like MCQs, fill in the blanks Short answer type, Long answer type, Differentiating, and Table matching in the traditional evaluation section.
- Excerpt/Case study based questions to check and evaluate the comprehension ability of the students
- Picture-based questions to enhance visual attention during the learning process and check the recall capability
- Assertion-Reason type questions to develop thinking and analytical approach while establishing the interlinked, multidisciplinary practice
- Inclusion of Value-Based and Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) based questions to enhance the logical and reasoning ability of the students
- Variety of questions for complete and holistic assessment of the child’s potential and level of understanding like-Crossword puzzles, Ordering-based exercise, Projects, Debates, Group Discussions, Role Play, Recitation, PPT Presentations and Picture Books
- Two Test Papers in each section of History, Geography and Social and Political life sections to assist the teacher and student both in the assessment
About the author