About the book
This series ‘The New Book of Social Science’ for classes 6,7 and 8 has been revised to achieve the goals of NEW EDUCATION POLICY 2020 by developing the content on the five basic principles of NEP – Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability. The series follows the redesigned syllabus of NCERT.
The main objectives of the series are to:
- Make the learning process more holistic, joyful and stress-free which can continue lifelong.
- Develop critical thinking, discovery, inquiry, discussion and analytical-based holistic learning.
- Enhance the understanding of the core concepts to inculcate the habit of a multidisciplinary learning approach, based on practical learning.
The Salient features of the book are:
- Attractive and creative picture-based opening for each chapter to introduce the topic.
- A good number of photos and designs to generate interest and break the monotony. Along with numerous maps of large sizer to develop the locational associations for the socio-political and historical events.
- Keywords or new terms along with the Word Origin in each chapter to develop the vocabulary and quick version.
- The Summary in each chapter to rewind the topic studied.
- Multiple In-text questions do check the attention of the students and help them in recalling previously studied concepts.
- Information enrichment through Info Byte and Do You Know boxes to extend their knowledge beyond the curriculum.
- In-Text practical activities and the exercise for hands-on experience added in all chapters.
- Large variety of questions like MCQs, Fill in the Blanks, Short answer type, Long answer type, Differentiating and Table Matching in the traditional evaluation section.
- Excerpt/Case-study based questions to check and evaluate the comprehension ability of the students.
- Picture-based questions to enhance visual attention during the learning process and check the recall capability.
- Assertion-Reason type questions to develop thinking and analytical approach while establishing the interlinked, multidisciplinary practice.
- Inclusion of Value-based and Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) based questions to enhance the logical and reasoning ability of the students.
- Variety of questions for complete and holistic assessment of the child’s potential and level of understanding like-crossword puzzles, Ordering-based exercises, Projects, Debates, Group Discussions, Role Play, Recitation, PPT Presentations and Picture Books.
- Two Test Papers in each section of History, Geography and Social and Political life sections to assist the teacher and student both in the assessment.
All the suggestions and constructive feedback aimed to improve the books of the present series will be graciously accepted and highly appreciated.
About the author