About the book
This series of “The New Book of Science” for Middle School has been conceptualized keeping in mind the learning ability of a child while fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF).
While writing these books, we have visualized ourselves as students in the class and have written the content for easy understanding and better recapitulation. We hope that students will gain clarity of concepts and develop a keen interest in the subject. They will be able to relate classroom learning with their environment and understand everyday phenomena with ease.
We believe that this book will lay a solid foundation for scientific learning for a child and help in gaining confidence about the subject matter.
Some unique features of this book are:
- Content has been written in a simple and lucid language.
- At the beginning of each chapter, sub-topics have been given to provide an overview of the concepts covered.
- Colourful pictures, hand-made illustrations, well-labelled diagrams and flow charts have been incorporated for clear understanding.
- Each chapter contains additional information and interesting facts related to the topic so as to keep young minds engaged.
- Key terms and Mind Map have been given at the end of each chapter to facilitate recapitulation in the form of specially designed flow charts and arrow diagrams.
- For self-evaluation of a variety of questions have been given at the end of each chapter like MCQs, Fill in the blanks, True/False, Match the following, Assertion and Reasoning questions, Short answer questions and Long answer questions.
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS), Research-based activities and projects have been given to initiate inquisitiveness in the child.
- A few relevant Case Studies have also been added.
About the author