About the book
Mathematics is a beautiful subject. It plays a significant role in human lives. Everyone needs Mathematics in one’s day to day affair. There are so many qualities that are developed by mathematics such as reasoning power, critical thinking, problem solving ability and many more.
This book is one form the series ‘The New Book of Mathematics’. This series is prepared as per the latest syllabus prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). It fulfills the requirements of ‘National Education Policy 2020’.
The subject matter has been explained in a simple language and includes several examples from real life situations. Emphasis has been laid on making understand the basic facts, concepts, principles, and their applications in lucid language. The age and mental level has been kept in mind while making the concepts clear to the students. Carefully selected examples consist of detailed step by step solutions so that students get prepared to tackle all the problems given in the exercise.
Salient features of the book are:
- Keeping in mind the age group of the students, the matter has been supported by the pictures and diagrams.
- All new concepts have been developed by class-activity method.
- Care has been taken to maintain the continuity of the subject matter.
- At the end of every chapter Multiple choice Questions (MCQ) and True/False statements are given under the heading ‘Mental Maths’.
- Interesting facts are given under the heading ‘Do You Know’.
- Test Papers based on 2 to 3 chapters are given at proper places.
The 360-degree Progress Card has been designed to cover assessments of all stakeholders in a child’s learning process. It includes Self-Assessment, Peer-Assessment, Parents’-Assessment and Teacher’-Assessment. Thus, this progress card has been thoughtfully created to bridge the gap between school-learning and home-learning.
About the author