About the book
PREFACE TO FOURTH EDITION
The book has been thoroughly revised according to the latest guidelines and syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
The subject matter contained in this book has been explained in a simple language and includes many examples from real life situations. Emphasis has been laid on basic facts, terms, principles, concepts and on their applications. Carefully selected examples consist of detailed step-by-step solutions so that students get prepared to tackle all the problems given in the exercises.
Salient features of the book:
- To fulfill the requirements of the teachers and the students in the best manner possible, the matter has been divided into sections and sub-sections. Consequently, the students will be able to learn at their own pace.
- Various new concepts have been developed with the help of class activity method.
- Questions in the form of Fill in the Blanks, True/False Statements, Multiple Choice Questions, Assertion-Reason Type and Case-Study Questions have been given.
- Multiple Choice and Assertion-Reason Type Questions have been framed in a manner such that they holistically cover all the concepts covered in chapter and also, prepare students for the competitive exams.
- In addition to normal questions, some ‘Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)’ questions have been given to enhance the analytical thinking of the students.
- A chapter Test’ has been put in the end of each chapter which serves as the brief revision of the entire chapter.
- The book contains sufficient number of solved examples to meet the needs of all categories of students.
- The book contains many solved examples and questions beyond NCERT Book and NCERT Exemplar.
It has been my sincere endeavour to present the concepts, examples and questions in a coherent and an interesting manner so that the students develop interest in ‘learning’ and ‘understanding’ mathematics.
I am grateful to my publishers ‘M/s Avichal Publishing Company’ and ‘Laser Tech Prints’ and thank them for their friendly cooperation and untiring efforts in bringing out this book in an excellent form.
Constructive and thoughtful suggestions by the students, parents and teachers for further improvement are welcome.
About the author