About the book
This is an integrated social science series for class 7. It conforms and adheres to the guidelines of National Curriculum Framework (NCF). The books in this series aim to ensure the all round development of the children. The books put an end to rote learning and try to evaluate a child’s progress through a process of continuous assessment with the help of non-formal methods like assignments, projects, surveys, experiments, interviews, quizzes, etc.
The detailed theme of the book, covering each section is being given to show a glimpse of the book.
The chapter 1 deals with the salient features of medieval periods and major historical trends. It also gives an account of the sources of history for the period. The chapters 2 and 3 tell us about the small kingdom of north and south India between the period 700-1200 AD. The chapter 4 gives an account of the Sultanate of Delhi. From 1206 to 1526 as many as five dynasties ruled over the Delhi Sultanate. In chapter 5 the rise and fall of Mughal empire has been discussed, while chapter 6 deals with the famous monuments, forts, palaces and temples built during that period. Chapter 7 gives the details of the towns, trade and craftsmanship. The social conditions prevailing in north and south India have been dealt with in chapter, Case studies of two tribes ¾ Gonds and Ahoms have also been discussed in the chapter. Chapters 9 and 10 deal with popular beliefs, religion and regional cultures during the medieval period. The new political formations ¾ the decline of the Mughal Empire and the rise of the Marathas, Sikhs and the Rajputs ¾ have been discussed in detail in chapter 11.
Main features of the series
- Written in a simple language with an integrated thematic approach to make learning of the key concepts easier.
- Rich illustrations and detailed maps are the highlights of the book.
- Key words as New Words to Remember given at the beginning of each chapter.
- Extensive Case Studies included to help the children understand the topics better. Summary of the Lesson has been given for quick recapitulation.
- Rich and extensive exercises and activities are the important features of the book.
- Exercises include MCQs, True-False, Long and Short questions, Projects and Activities.
- More tasks given in each section of the book include Projects, Activities, Assignment, Map Work, PowerPoint Presentation, Surveys, Interviews, Debate and Discussion, Creative Writing, Picture-based questions, etc.
- Test papers are given at appropriate places.
- Value-Based Questions, given at the end of each chapter, highlight the life skills and co-scholastic abilities of the children.
- HOTS (Higher order Thinking Skills) question, a regular feature, given to enhance reasoning ability.
- Interesting Facts given as a box matter highlight interesting incidences and facts.
About the author