About the book
The book ISC PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY is meant for the students of class XII. This book has been thoroughly revised strictly according to the latest syllabus of ISC Board.
In this edition we have dealt with the titrations, study of the rate of reaction, identification of organic compounds, characteristic tests of carbohydrates and proteins, ionic equilibria (PH of fruit juice, strong and weak acids, bases and salt solutions), electrochemistry (voltaic cells) and qualitative analysis of inorganic mixtures.
Salient Features of the book:
- Basic concepts related with the experiments.
- Stepwise experimental procedure
- Properly labelled diagrams
- Detailed observation tables
- Results, conclusions, analysis, interpretation and discussion have been incorporated with the experiments wherever applicable.
- Necessary precautions to be actually observed during the course of the experiment
- Methodology of recording experiments in practical life
- Questions for viva voce arranged in the form of discussion between the examiner (E) and the students (S)
- Sample experiments on examination pattern
- Sample exercise to illustrate the method of actual calculations
About the author