About the book
A Step Ahead is a series of Science books for classes 3 to 5. This series is based on the latest curriculum guidelines issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi.
Science is an interesting subject which uses the methods of experimentation and observation for gaining knowledge. This series has adopted the same approach in explaining the concepts. The books stress more on concept building rather than on mere rote learning. Each book is enriched with attractive illustrations and appropriate examples.
Salient features of the books 3 to 5 are:
- The 21st Century Skills comprise of learning Skills, Literacy Skills and Life Skills which are duly incorporated in the series. SDGs and Art Integration have also been added in it.
- Learning Objectives include the learning outcomes given in the syllabus guidelines.
- Let’s Begin assesses the remembering capability of the learners and to get them into a receptive state of mind to engross further knowledge.
- Let’s Think enables the learners to apply different concepts that they have gained through the chapter.
- Activity after important topic gives hands-on experience and inculcates the skills of observation, analysis, organization and data collection among students. Through such activities, we hope to promote the concept of Experiential Learning amongst the students.
- Know More in between the chapters makes students aware about the interesting facts beyond the textbook.
- Keywords provide definitions of important words used in the chapter.
- Check Point after important topics assesses understanding and remembering abilities of the learners through objective and subjective types of questions.
- Summary at the end of each chapter provides quick recapitulation of the chapter.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter include a variety of objective and subjective type of questions. This enables the teachers to assess understanding, remembering and application level of the students.
- Picture -based Questions of the exercise section build-up visual interpretation skills in the students.
- Think and Answer includes application-based questions that motivate students to think critically beyond the realms of the syllabus.
- Learning for Life encourages the students to develop a feeling of belongingness towards the world around them. It includes tasks that focus on problem-solving, decision-making, communication and collaborative skills of the students.
- A 360 degree Holistic Progress Card based on the guidelines of the New Education Policy has been added in this series.
About the author