Injuries Forensic and Medicolegal Aspects
1st Edition ₹2500
Authors: Anil Aggrawal
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
- Written primarily with an expert professional as a reader in mind. Thus the book will be useful to postgraduates, faculties and other specialists in the field of forensic medicine, surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, emergency medicine, casualty, traumatology etc.
- All major Medicolegal Proformas are provided, which can be adopted by Medicolegal professionals.
- The entire text is well-classified in 6 level headings and subheadings. Each heading and subheading is color coded for quick comprehension.
- A chapter preview at the beginning of each chapter to enable the reader to get a quick grasp of the content.
- All major injuries dealt with, including the latest advanced in the field.
- Practical points, tips etc. are given, which will help in dealing with day-to-day Medicolegal problems.
- Contains several memory aids and mnemonics to make it easy to remember key facts.
- Illustrated with more than 500 color photographs to explain key features of each injury.
- Contains several explanatory line diagrams and flow charts, to explain key concepts, processes, pathologies.
- Several new boxes added to give rare and hard-to-find pieces of information.
- Each difficult concepts is clarified with actual case studies.
- Latest Supreme Court judgments and other judgments from around the world realted to injuries are given.
- Life histories of 8 most famous experts in injury interpretation, with their major cases and how they solved them. Should prove a major motivating factor for the youngster.
- Supplemented with 9 useful appendices.
- ICD-10 codes for all legally relevant diseases and injuries, and how to fill them up in causes of death certificates, according to latest WHO guidelines.
- Mortality coding of latest morbid conditions e.g. COVID-19 given.
- A very exhaustive index with more than 2000 entries, running into 18 pages.
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Anil Aggrawal obtained his MD in Forensic medicine and toxicology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and then proceeded to Edinburgh – traditionally regarded as the home of Forensic Medicine – for higher training. He was trained further in Japan and the US under the prestigious WHO fellowship.
Dr. Aggrawal currently teaches Forensic Medicine at the Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi and edits a peer-reviewed internet journal on this subject. He is a paper setter and examiner in forensic medicine and toxicology for homeopathy for several universities in India. He is an expert in identification of both medicinal and poisonous minerals and plants. He regularly interacts with Homeopathy students on the subject of forensic medicine and toxicology, both personally and through his internet journal, which runs at anilaggrawal.com.