Manual of Practical Physiology for Homeopathy and Allied Sciences
1st Edition ₹395
Authors: Dr. A.K. Jain
Published by: Arya Publications
Some of the salient features of this manual are:
- It furnishes basic information about physiology experiments giving emphasis on every aspect evenly, along with new concepts and their exmaples.
- All the experiments in the manual are classified as student exercises; working steps are so framed that any experiment can be handled by a beginner.
- More number of practicals on human physiology and their application to clinical medicine have been stressed.
- Well-labelled diagrams, pictures and graphs/recors depicting analysis and reasoning have been incorporated in this manual.
- Some of the important viva voce questions with answers are given at the end of each practical for equipping the students with the type of questions asked in the examination.
- New concepts have been introduced along with suitable examples.
- Objective Structured Practical Examination (OSPE), a tool to assess practical skills, has been placed in a seprate box at the end of the practical.
- Spotting: List of frequently asked spots in the examination has been placed at the end of the manual in a seprate appendix.
- The matter on 'Human Experiments' has been furnished with its clinical correlates. This will be of great help to the students during their clinical posting subsequently.
- The manual contains more than 300 diagrams and pictures. These will help the students in easy reproducibility and better understanding of the subject.
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Dr. A.K. Jain
Director Professor and Head, Dept. of Physiology at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has been teaching Physiology for the last forty years. Apart from He has also worked in institutions of repute like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has published a number of papers in various scientific journals of repute and has authored around 46 books with 25 titles till date in the subject of Physiology for students in health related professions ‘viz’ MBBS, MD, Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational and Physical Therapy and Pharmacy students. He has the unique distinction of being honoured with many prestigious awards.