Pharmacology for B.Sc. Nursing
1st Edition ₹450
Authors: Dr. S.K. Srivastava, Dr. Rohan Srivastava
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
- The contents are well organized in 15 chapters and written in simple language.
- The basic concepts have been clarified in each chapter with generalizations for better understanding.
- The emphasis is given on prototype and commonly used drugs with brief description regarding clinical uses and adverse effects relevant to nursing students.
- Important notes have been mentioned throughout the text to make certain generalization and key points.
- The important facts and reasoning commonly asked in examination have been given throughout the text.
- The commmon medical emergencise and relevant drug interactions have been described precibed precisely (Ch.14).
- The Practical aspects in nursing pharmacology have been described in a separate chapter (Ch. 15) including nursing process in drug therapy and patient safety.
- Due emphasis is given on dosage forms and methods to use dosage forms. The drug information to patients and drug storage, the dose calculation particularly the intravenous infusion with suitable examples and alastly the medication error and their prevention have been described precisely (Ch. 15).
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Dr. S.K. Srivastava
Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research (SMIMER) and SMIMER Hospital, Surat. He obtained both MBBS and MD (Pharmacology) Degrees from the King George’s Medical College (upgraded to CSM Medical University), Lucknow (UP). An eminent teacher with teaching experience of about 24 years, he has been an examiner for both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations in various Medical Colleges. He was awarded “C L Malhotra Research Prize” for the Best Paper in Pharmacology in 1997.