Pharmacology for Physiotherapy
1st Edition ₹425
Authors: Dr. S.K. Srivastava, Dr. Rohan Srivastava
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
This book is written as per the current syllabus/requirement of physiotherapy students. The book is user friendly, suitable for BPT and other students studying pharmacology and has the following salient features.
- The contents are well organized in 14 chapters and written in simple language.
- The basic concepts have been clarified in each chapter with generalizations for better understanding and mechanisms have been explained briefly.
- The emphasis is given on prototype and commonly used drugs with brief description relevant to physiotherapy students.
- The clinical used of commonly used drugs have been mentioned briefly with explanation/justification wherever applicable.
- The adverse drug reactions specific to a drug or group of drugs have been mentioned as relevant.
- Important notes have been mentioned throughout the text to make certain generalizations and key points.
- The important facts and reasoning commonly asked in examination have been given throughout the text.
- The common medical emergecies, relevant drug interactions and use/misuse of drugs in sports have been described precisely.
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Dr. S.K. Srivastava
Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research (SMIMER) and SMIMER Hospital, Surat. He obtained both MBBS and MD (Pharmacology) Degrees from the King George’s Medical College (upgraded to CSM Medical University), Lucknow (UP). An eminent teacher with teaching experience of about 24 years, he has been an examiner for both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations in various Medical Colleges. He was awarded “C L Malhotra Research Prize” for the Best Paper in Pharmacology in 1997.