• The content is well organised and mechanism has been explained in simple language.
• The basic concepts have been clarified in each chapter with generalizations for better understanding.
• The clinical uses of drugs or group of drugs (with preferred agent for each use) have been mentioned with relevant explanation / pharmacological basis as applicable. Current status of drugs is clearly mentioned wherever applicable.
• The Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) specific to a drug have been mentioned with cause of ADR and treatment, if applicable.
• The important facts and reasoning are given throughout the text.
• Important notes have been mentioned to include certain generalizations and key points.
• Special topics: Drugs for glaucoma, immunopharmacology, dermatological pharmacology, drugs in pregnancy, lactation, hepatic and renal damage have been covered precisely.
• Standard treatment guidelines (WHO, National and recognized professional/scientific bodies) have been followed for the diseases wherever applicable.
• Comments on Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) have been mentioned.
ISBN number : 978-81-7739-502-0
Avichal Publishing Company
Price: INR 995
Currently not available for this book
Dr. S.K. Srivastava: Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research (SMIMER) and SMIMER Hospital, Surat. He obtained both MBBS and MD (Pharmacology) Degrees from the King George’s Medical College (upgraded to CSM Medical University), Lucknow (UP). An eminent teacher with teaching experience of about 24 years, he has been an examiner for both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations in various Medical Colleges. He was awarded “C L Malhotra Research Prize” for the Best Paper in Pharmacology in 1997.