Textbook of Physiology (Volumes I and II)
Average rating Read all reviews
8th Edition ₹1995
Authors: Dr. A.K. Jain
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
In the book “Textbook of Physiology”, a significant attempt has been made to meet all the goals as per newly framed MCI guidelines. It furnishes a complete coverage of the subject for students of all disciplines of the medical profession.
Salient features of this textbook:
- The entire text including the figures have been thoroughly revised and updated for all topics so as to achieve the requirements of the competency based undergraduate curriculum.
- Competency in each topic ((i.e. the student should be able to/must know areas of the study) have been added. Each chapter has been organized in the same way.
- Sub-competencies within the topic which can be taught-together-aligned have also been added along with the preview.
- New and modern concepts have been incorporated, simplified and presented so the text is easy to read and follow.
- Study questions have been modified as per requirement of the new Graduate Medical Education Regulation of the MCI.
- Many more clinical pictures have also been incorporated for better understanding of the clinical concepts.
- Self-testing is encouraged by the provision of multiple choice questions (MCQs) at the end of each chapter.
- This textbook contains 205 tables, more than 1350 study questions, 2500 MCQs and 825 figures including flow charts.
Reviews by our readers
By Hiral karamta on Nov. 3, 2017
By Altmas Khan on April 27, 2017
IT"S VERY INTRSTING
By AMMANABROLU RASHMIN NIMISH SINGH on Oct. 12, 2017
Good content . All topics are clearly explained ,in easy language .I felt that this is an excellent book to excel in Physiology subject. It is one of the good book as it is also used in foreign universities and national universities both.
By Nikita Patel on Dec. 22, 2017
I like this book very much
By RAMYASHREE R C on June 16, 2017
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Dr. A.K. Jain
Director Professor and Head, Dept. of Physiology at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has been teaching Physiology for the last forty years. Apart from He has also worked in institutions of repute like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Dr. Jain has published a number of papers in various scientific journals of repute and has authored around 46 books with 25 titles till date in the subject of Physiology for students in health related professions ‘viz’ MBBS, MD, Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational and Physical Therapy and Pharmacy students. He has the unique distinction of being honoured with many prestigious awards.