New I.S.C. Accountancy Class- XI (Vol I & II)
Average rating Read all reviews
17th Edition ₹925
Authors: D.K. Goel, Rajesh Goel, Shelly Goel
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
Some of the special features of the book are:
- The book has been written in a simple language keeping in view the standard of Class XI students. This book will also be of great use to those students who are just beginning to learn the subject of Accountancy.
- A number of illustrations have been given in each chapter and these have been solved in such a simple manner that students can easily understand them.
- Practical questions given at the end of each chapter are strictical in the serial order of the illustrations. Answers and hints to solve the questions have been given at the end of each question. We are very much confident that after doing the illustrations, students can themselves solve the practical questions independently.
- The book contains essay-type, short-answer type. objective type and practical questions at the end of each chapter so that students may test their understanding of the chapter.
- Accuracy is one of the main features of the book.
Reviews by our readers
Few changes required in exercises
It's a good book. But it will become even better if you include few more variety of questions in exercise, specially in chapters of partnership. For e.g. in chapter "Valuation of goodwill" more questions are required on calculation of capital employed(Where the formula Assets -outside liabilities is to be applied). In the exercise of chapter "Admission" Question No. 82 (P and Q are partners) answer is wrong. Valuation of goodwill is wrong in this question. Capital employed in this question will be ₹2,90,000 (and not ₹3,20,000) as Investments will be excluded from valuation of capital employed. As a result the value of goodwill works out to ₹1,10,000 (and not ₹80,000). This mistake is not rectified for several years. This mistake is not rectified for several years. Similarly more questions related to "Asset taken over by partner" or "liabilities/expenses paid by partners" need to be included in the exercise. I am again repeating, it's a very good book. I have been using this book for past 12 years in my school. But kindly think about making the above changes in your ISC book as it will benefit everyone. Thank you, Regards, Vivek Kumar Tiwari Prayagraj
By Vivek Kumar Tiwari on June 3, 2022
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Prof. D.K. Goel started his teaching career in 1968 at Vaish College, Rohtak where he taught Accountancy and Accountancy related subjects to Undergraduate and Post Graduate students. During this career, he has been associated with various other Universities and State Education Boards as faculty member for drafting syllabus, question papers and other teaching material. Till date, Mr. Goel has authored more than 60 books in Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Financial Management and Management Accounting. He also conducts workshops for Accountancy teachers of CBSE/ISC affiliated schools- which now number 150+ pan-India. Prof. D. K. Goel is a Gold Medalist from Punjab University. He received his Masters degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University.
M.Com., B.Ed., F.C.A.